GHF was born out of Passion to liberate the vulnerable groups in our society especially women and children from the shackles of economic impoverishment, marginalization, lack of information, resources and access to quality health care services. The Vision and Mission of GHF is to have a community where equal sustainable economic growth and quality health care is accessed by all, and to achieve sustainable economic empowerment, better health, good governance and gender mainstreaming through strategic approaches for the development of our communities.
Women and Children have continued to bear the burdens of the existent inequality in the spread of access to wealth and socio-economic activities that benefits them. Greater Hands Foundation (GHF) was born out of Passion to bridge the gap existed between the under privileged and vulnerable groups especially women and children in our society with right information; and create access to quality health care services, potable water, sound environment, Good governance and quality education, as well as fight injustices meted to these target groups in order to entrench equal rights and privileges to all irrespective of age, sex, education, tribe and economic status etc.
A community where equal sustainable economic growth and quality health care is accessed by all.
Our mission is to achieve sustainable economic empowerment, better health, and good governance and gender mainstreaming through strategic approaches for the development of our communities.
Striving towards improving the health, Economic and Social needs of the underprivileged in the communities where we work.
Over the years GHF has affected the lives of community members positively through effective community mobilization, outreaches, Sanitation and hygiene, demand creation for health facility services uptake for pregnant women and women of reproductive age especially the First-time Mothers (FTMs), promoting and enhancing Adolescents Youths and Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights of young women and girls through youth friendly services uptake as well as ensuring positive Maternal and newborn health outcomes for women and girls of reproductive age and promoting accountability in governance in Cross River State.
- Transparency and Accountability: We uphold ourselves to high standards of transparency and accountability and seek to hold others to similar standards.
- Mutual respect: We recognize each person’s innate worth, and the value of diversity.
- Teamwork: We believe in the impact of team building and value the commitments, ideas, and contributions within the organization and her partners.
- Passion: Driven by organizational commitments to making positive difference
- Equity and justice: We believe in truth and fairness, upholding the human rights in order to ensure equal opportunity for everybody